GABCC PhD top-up scholarship details
Scholarship: Great Artesian Basin Coordinating Committee PhD top-up scholarship
Closing date: There is no closing date. Applications may be submitted at any time to the GABCC Scholarship Committee.
Field of study: Ecological, physical, cultural or socioeconomic aspects of the Great Artesian Basin (GAB). See the Research Prospectus for the GAB for priority research areas and topics.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or have Australian Permanent Resident status.
- The PhD research project should address priority research questions identified in the Research Prospectus for the GAB, or closely related areas.
- Applicants must be enrolled or finalising enrolment in a full-time PhD research degree at any accredited Australian university.
- Applicants must be successful in obtaining a primary scholarship such as an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a qualified supervisor to oversee the project.
Award: The scholarship will supplement primary postgraduate awards for PhD projects commencing in 2009. The value of the award is $5000 per annum (tax free).
Number of awards: Two top-up scholarships are on offer.
Duration: Subject to satisfactory progress, the supplement will be payable until the end of the third enrolled year.
Applicants should ensure the following documents are submitted:
- a completed application form (see below) with relevant attachments
- two academic and/or research referee reports (see below)
- curriculum vitae.
Conditions of award
The successful applicants will be expected to:
- acknowledge the GABCC in publications and presentations
- contact the GABCC regarding media coverage of the research
- provide a hard copy and an electronic copy of any thesis/report/paper arising from the project
- deliver a presentation to a GABCC meeting on the outcomes of their research
- submit an annual progress report to GABCC.
Read the full Guidelines and conditions for GABCC PhD top-up scholarships (see below).
Ownership of intellectual property will reside in the scholar or the university in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Primary Scholarship.
Submit completed applications by post & email to:
The Scholarship Committee
Great Artesian Basin Coordinating Committee
Postal address: PO Box 3318, MANUKA ACT 2603, AUSTRALIA
If you require further information, please contact the GABCC: